Why doesn’t Vine allow posts to go straight to Tumblr? Isn’t it the GIF capital of the world?
LA Times Tech: Tumblr more popular than Facebook?
As much as I would like to believe this survey, I don’t. This afternoon the LA Times released a story that Tumblr and is more popular than Facebook for people aged 13-25. Complete image below:
With all that, I don’t buy for one second that its the #1 site for people aged 13-25. There are only 1,000 people surveyed here so I’m thinking they sat out in the parking lot of a high school 2 blocks away from Tumblr’s headquarters. Popular, yes. But not the absolute top.
Tumblr’s user base currently crams out around 55 million posts per day. While not quite at Facebook levels (on the other hand, what is?), the current pace still amounts to an impressive amount of content:
- 637 posts per second
- 38,194 posts per minute
- 2.3 million posts per hour
- 385 million posts per week
- 1.65 billion posts per month
- 20 billion posts per year
Tumblr’s massive growth in 2011 continues:
- Tumblr went from 12 to 41 million blogs in 2011 (29 million added)
- Tumblr users created more than 13 billion blog posts in 2011
- The total number of posts on Tumblr grew by 500%